I am humbled to be living and learning on the traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh.

I have always wanted to be a teacher. As far back as I can remember I would sit in my bedroom and pretend to teach lessons to imaginary students. I would create worksheets and notes that I wanted my students to copy and complete. I loved learning and I wanted to share my love for learning and my knowledge with people everywhere!

I grew up in Prince George and feel a strong connection to the Central Interior of British Columbia. I love the wilderness surrounding my community and have taken pride in enjoying all that Prince George has to offer. Living in Prince George it has always been my goal to attend UNBC and become a teacher. I obtained a BA in History with a minor in English from UNBC in 2018 and will graduate with a B.Ed. Elementary Years in 2020. It wasn’t until I entered the Bachelor of Education at UNBC in the fall of 2018 that I realized education and teaching is so much more than a teacher instructing students. I believe teaching and education is a joint experience between teachers, students, and community. I believe teachers are activators of learning and need to be responsive to their students’ needs and interests in order to deepen and extend learning for all.

I have always been passionate about youth engagement in my community. I advised Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada about youth engagement in the volunteer sector across Canada as a youth representative on behalf of Northern BC in 2018. I also had the opportunity to join the committee on Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Prince George where I gave recommendations to create more inclusive programming for marginalized mentees and mentors in Prince George.

My experience in my community has influenced my teaching, as I believe collaboration is the most important aspect of education. It is my hope to create an inclusive classroom where my students can interact with each other and with students from around the world to share and extend their learning in creative, innovative, and meaningful ways.